Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Happenings

We had a good but somewhat tiring weekend. We worked around the house all day Saturday and then went to the high school football game Saturday night. We lost a lot of players to graduation last year and wasn't expecting much. Wow, did they suprise us. We beat (clobbered) a really good team. Maybe they'll do well this year.

Sunday we went to church and had some friends come over Sunday night to eat and play cards.

Monday we treated on the deck for about 5 hours. We got all the hard part done, but still have a couple of hours worth to do. I'm glad this only has to be done every 3 or 4 years.

I'm glad Gustav was not as bad as predicted. I hope Hanna, Ike, and Josephine will follow suit. I'm watching Hanna very closely as I'm going to North Carolina on Sunday. Our former preacher works for Kairos Church Planting and I'm going with him to a new church's first service. Fly out early Sunday morning and get back home early Monday morning. Quick trip, but should be a really good trip.

Soccer practice starts tonight for the girls. Macy is also cheerleading for the 3rd and 4th grade football team. Saturdays are going to be busy. I'm scheduling all of the soccer games and I'm about to pull my hair out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home