The Second Half
So I was thinking on my birthday (no I don't just think on that day). I turned 38 and for some reason I started thinking, my life is half over. I looked up the ave life expectancy and it says 77.8 years, so my life may be half over. I told this to a few people and they said, don't think that way, how morbid, etc. That's one way to look at it, but being the eternal optomist I am, I got excited. I've done and experienced a lot in the last 38 years. Now I get to do that much and more again. Exciting.
So a few observations about the second 1/2 of my life:
I will say I remember a lot more about the first day the second go around.
The first year or two I just ate, cried, played, and pooped. I didn't have to work, get up early, exercise, etc. This 1/2 is not starting off that way. I guess in this 1/2 I'll save that for my later years.
I hope I don't have to go to school in this 1/2.
Will I have to wait as long to lose my virginity in this half (no big ideas Carrie)?
In the first 1/2, I threw up on my dad the first time I saw him. I haven't seen my dad yet and maybe he's heard my thinking and is avoiding me.
Wow I can walk.
Wow I have lots of hair in strange places ( again being hairless must be reserved for the later years of the second 1/2).
No diapers now (again possibly reserved for later).
Food is much better this go around, no stinky formula.
Please no pimples in this 1/2.
I might actually have 2 procedures done in the second 1/2 that are normally done in the first 1/2 (tonsils and wisdom teeth).
No Vicks Vapor Rub this 1/2.
Salad, tomatoes, spinach, turnip greens, etc sure taste better this time.
I made a lot of mistakes in the first half of my life and I'm sure I will in the second half of my life. Hopefully the first 1/2 taught me a lot that can help avoid some of those mistakes.
PS: When I turn 76 I hope I don't remember this thought I had.
2 Comments:
It's backwards on this side.....the last two years will mirror the first two....the middle is just getting weaker instead of stronger....
just being a blessing....
I plan on living a long long time, so in another 38 years, I will be in search of any studly men around the age of 73. I'll start taking applications now........
Post a Comment
<< Home