Podcast
I've had an Mp3 player for a couple of years. I downloaded all my favorite songs when I first got it. Anything from Mercy Me to Motley Crue, and a little Skynard, 3 Doors Down, and Eminem in between. Needless to say I like lots of genres. I did occasionally download some sermons. I would have done it more often if it would have been a little less time consuming. So, I finally got an Ipod. I will agree, if you are going to update your player often, then Ipod is the way to go. I've subscribed to a few podcasts, but need some help. If you have an Ipod, what are some podcasts I shouldn't live without?
It's 10 degrees right now. Yuk!
3 Comments:
Hey Tommy ... thanks so much for the call the other day. I'm sorry I didn't get the chance to catch it!
I subscribe to way more podcasts than I can ever listen to ... but I love to 'catch up' on a trip (though I'll never listen to all of them). But some of my favorites I will be happy to share with you.
AUDIO PODCASTS
Garrison Keillor's Prarie Home Companion and also his Writer's Almanac.
ESPN's PTI
60 Second Science
Hillsong Church - Brian Houston
HTB Sunday Talks
John Edlredge and Ransomed Heart
Ravi Zacharias - Let My People Think
LifechurchTV: Worship
Mars Hill Bible Church (Rob Bell)
NPR: Car Talk
The RELEVANT Podcast
Today in Music History
XXX Church
Trey Morgan's sermons
Ethicist
The Official LOST Podcast (Essential for fans!)
Rochester Church of Christ (Patrick Mead)
There is also a Tulsa Workshop podcast with messages from last year.
VIDEO PODCASTS
Larry King Live
Rocketboom
Cranky Geeks
Atom Films To Go (short films, occasional language alert!)
I subscribe to many more. There are podcasts by Leonard Sweet, Erwin McManus, and most everyone. I have a lot of storage so it doesn't bother me to have much more than I'll ever listen to ... it's there if I want it.
Be sure to let us know what you like the best!
I like Rob Bell too, but one of my favorites is North Point Ministries and North Point Church with Andy Stanley. He has several excellent series. I also like Rick Atchley at Richland Hills (something about that Texas accent) and John Ortberg at Menlo Park Presbyterian ( I love his books and his speaking is just as good)
well it depends what you want. JD has some of the same ones I listen to. Rob Bell is a must for me. Then it depends on mood.
Northpoint I occasionaly listen to.
I listen to Irving Bible Church occassionaly ...especially if Jay Utley is speaking.
I used to listen to Rick Atchley all the time. I need to again. that is Richland Hills Church of Christ.
of course you need to listen to some NASCAR stuff.
Post a Comment
<< Home