Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm Back

It has been a long time. I have been a very unfaithful blogger. I have a lot to catch you up on and I don't know where to start. I guess I'll just jump right in.

Macy: Macy is doing very well in the 2nd grade. She is so smart and loves to read. Of course she is totally into Hannah Montana and High School Musical. She is enjoying the new house and had a very good Christmas. She is playing Upward Basketball and doing well at that. She has had 2 games so far. Upward Basketball is very neat. It's all about equal playing time, having a good time, sportsmanship, being Christlike, learning basic skills, and learning about Christ. It's nothing about "the score". They have a devotion at each practice and a prayer at each practice and game. She always does real well on her memory verses each week. She is a great daughter. They each receive a star after each game. Her first star was for "best effort" and her second star was for "most Christlike".

Bailey: Bailey is doing very well in Kindergarten. She is smart and her teachers say she is the sweetest kid they've ever had. She is also into Hannah Montana and High School Musical. Christmas was good for Bailey and she is liking the new house also (except for her dark room). Her nightlights are good for $20 a month on the electric bill. She won't get to play basketball until next year so she has to be a spectator for now.

Carrie: Tax season has started. They haven't been covered up, but it's around the corner. She is very excited and ready. She LOVES being only 1 mile from the office verses 20 last year. It will be really handy for her. Carrie really likes the house and we've entertained several times. I think we have the house fully decorated now. She really was excited about decorating for Christmas and she did a wonderful job. She's started in a new women's class at church and she is pumped about that. Nascar is around the corner and she is very excited that Jeremy has a ride. Hopefully he will have a better season this year.

Tommy: I've been busy at work. It seems there is not much of an off season anymore. The American Dollar is playing havoc in my business. We are experiencing shortages on products which in turn means higher prices. I'm completely out of some products and the season hasn't even started yet. I haven't done a lot of duck hunting this year, but the times I've been have been fun. I'm getting geared up for another nascar season and hope that Ryan has a better year. I've enjoyed the football playoffs so far and the winning teams have suited me. I pick Packers and Patriots in the superbowl. What a game that would be. Favre, the legend, VS possible perfection by the Patriots. I'm rooting for the Pats. My beloved UK Wildcats are having a very challenging year. It's not much fun. We've been going to most of the high school basketball games and we really enjoy that. Our teams (girls and boys) are having good years. I'm ready for some golf weather.

Church: We've planted roots at Farmington now. It seemed to fit us the best out of the churches we visited. It is a great group of people and we really enjoy our time spent there. We are still learning peoples names and stories but we've come a long way. We just had the most awesome "church service" I've ever been involved in.

Woke up to a little snow this morning but it didn't last long. I'm still waiting on the big one.

I will try to get back to blogging on a more frequent basis.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Welcome back. Ryan did good in drafting during testing. Maybe this will be his year...he can finish 2nd to the 88!

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously, you've been very busy. We're glad to see you back!

Maybe tomorrow I'll post the hot picture of Tony that TCS sent me!!!

5:55 PM  
Blogger paul said...

Great to hear from you again! Thanks for catching us up. I still need to get up there some weekend. Last trip I went the other way so I could spend the night in Memphis with my daughter.

Glad everyone is doing well!

Peace, Brother!

9:20 PM  
Blogger JD said...

Great to hear from you Tommy!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home