Bristol
Donna gets the win.
Boys 14 Girls 9
Fave driver goes to Terri and Nuts. Donna almost had the sweep.
Paul 9 Nuts & Terri 9 Donna 4 Tommy 3 Carrie 0.
We had a large time at Bristol. It was warm but we tried to stay in the shade as much as possible. Race was actually a little boring. Wasn't much action.
The last 2 years we've had an interesting ride home. 2 years ago we listened to Hurricane Katrina coverage the whole way home. Last year we listened to the plane crash coverage from Lexington, KY (the one where the runway was too short) the whole way home. We kept wondering what would be this year. Luckily nothing. The biggest story was the droughts and floods but even Fox News didn't talk about this all day.
5 Comments:
I wondered how you'd feel about the race. Has there ever been that few race leaders? The Busch race was good, I hear - I didn't watch all of it. I got to go see sprint cars at the dirt track instead!!!
Well, I am shocked. I was glad to see Junior doing well, but I didn't get home until around 9:45...just in time to see endless cautions... I had no clue I would even be in the running, I thought somebody would have picked Carl or Kasey.....
I am glad no tragedies happened this year...I bet it was HOT!!
Hey Tommy, did you know that blogger Trey Morgan was at the race?
About the airplane crash, the following was in today's Christian Standard:
Southland Christian Church (Lexington, KY) held a public memorial service Sunday afternoon to remember the victims of last year's Comair crash at nearby Blue Grass Airport. More than 1,600 people attended the service.
Southland members welcomed the crowds with signs reading "Free Hugs," "We Remember," and "We Love You," and Southland's stage featured the original "Remembering 5191" banner that hung as a memorial at the airport last August.
Southland senior minister Jon Weece began his part of the service by silently holding up several more posterboard signs, these with numbers—including 49, the number of victims—and short phrases including “Lives changed,” "Tears flowed,” and “I’m so sorry.”
The service also included a standing ovation for the many emergency personnel who rushed to the scene of the crash.
www.southlandchristian.org
So I hear that JGR is announcing their move to Toyota next week. Why? I drove a Camry for 6 years... I don't hate them but, why?
I just want to be able to be a fan. My Bobby left, now Tony will be in a Toyota, Junior won't be in the 8... I just don't care anymore. Next thing you know somebody will tell me that Spurrier is the coach at Auburn!
Obviously you do care Terri, and you don't like change (in Nascar). For me it's different. I don't care what they drive. I would be a little peeved if I was a Jr fan, but it's a choice he made. Thanks for the card.
Post a Comment
<< Home