Jail Time
We started a jail ministry last week. Last night was my night to go take care of this. I had 6 guys come for an hour of bible study. I really didn't know what to expect and I sure didn't expect what I got. 2 of them can quote the bible as good as any preacher I know. You can tell they sit around all day and read the bible. 1 guy is really searching for that deep down personal relationship with Jesus and the other guys helped him as much or more than I did. It was a great hour and very rewarding for me and I look forward to going back some. There was a womens class after ours but I didn't stay for it. They had more attendance last week than the men did.
3 Comments:
I admire you for working with those guys. You are a great example.
please keep us updated on how this goes...Sounds like they are going to keep you on your toes.
For about 3 1/2 years my Friday nights were spent at the Denton County Jail in Denton, Texas. I was always blessed more than the inmates.
I saw a few men come to Christ and for that I am very thankful. I also met some of the most sincere, spiritual, Christian men there that I have met anywhere. The lesson learned? When you think you stand, take heed lest you fall.
Blessings on your ministry to inmates. It is the sort of thing that is at best marginal in today's churches but was pretty important to Jesus and still is.
Grace and Peace,
Royce Ogle
Post a Comment
<< Home