Monday, February 12, 2007

My Addictions

I'm off to Dallas today. We are supposed to get a lot of rain today and tonight and then it turn to snow tomorrow. If it snows enough to play in the girls will be mad if I'm not home. Hopefully all my flights will be on time and safe.

In keeping with the addiction them from the last post, I started thinking of things I'm addicted to. The list is many and one of them would be tv shows. We watch a bunch of shows. TiVo was the greatest thing we've ever gotten to help ease this burden. Before we had to set up 2 vcr's to help record all of our shows. Now we set them up on a season pass and don't have to worry about it. We watch: Desperate Housewives, Amazing Race, CSI Miami, Heroes, American Idol, Law & Order SVU, Criminal Minds, Friday Night Lights, CSI, Survivor, Greys Anatomy, ER, Without a Trace, and Las Vegas. Besides these that Carrie and I watch, I also watch Boston Legal, House, Jericho, Law & Order, and Numbers. That's a lot of TV. TiVo makes it much easier. Actually we're only addicted to a few of them.

I felt bad yesterday but I feel much better today. I came home from church, took sinus pills and got on the couch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

You watch all of that and don't watch 24??

Hope you are feeling better....btw 24 is my only addiction, but if I am home I will watch CSI and Los Vegas....my husband love AI..I usually watch it with him.

4:31 PM  
Blogger JD said...

Tommy, it's good to ruminate on "addictions". I generally think of addictions as things that control. Of course sometimes we "like" things and that "like" grows in small steps until it becomes "leverage" and begins to manipulate our lives with our cooperation. TV shows can do that ... as can any number of activities, substances, and habits. The question we all must ask ourselves is: How much control do I relenquish to this thing?

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home