Thursday, February 15, 2007

More Addictions

I've dipped snuff since the 6th grade. That's a long time. I've tried to quit a few times over the years. Once we went to Jamaica and I didn't take any with me. 2 days into the trip Carrie was searching the island for a can of copenhagen. Something about my mood. The fall of 04 I started a series of events that hopefully have kicked my habit. In the fall of 04 I switched from copenhagen fine cut to copenhagen long cut. Now this may not seem like a big deal to some, but let me tell you it was about as bad as trying to quit altogether. I survived this and even grew to like the long cut. I decided I would never be succesful at quiting copenhagen cold turkey so I decided to switch brands. In the fall of 05 I switched to skoal pouches. I probably should have just quit then because it was a horrible ordeal. It shows you the power of copenhagen. Finally I got used to it and adjusted ( I really like dipping the pouches better, they were less messy and a lot easier). So December 31, 2006 I decided that would be my last can of dip I ever bought. The turbulence started the next day. I still have not bought a can of dip. I did bum a few dips at first but I haven't had one since January 18th. It's finally getting easy.

I didn't do this because I was afraid of cancer. I did it because I was pissed that something like that could have a hold on me. I still will always cherish the copenhagen song.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Great song!

Good luck with the quitting thing. Most addictions are truly hard to give up.

Some keep coming back (like my Diet Coke habit) so be careful.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home