Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Peaceful?

I love Thanksgiving. Duck season opens that morning, I love to eat Turkey & Dressing, and I get to see family I don't see often.

Carrie is debating going to Kohls at 5:00 am Friday morning. Kohls is 1 hour away, so she would have to leave at 4:00 am. They have their winter coats on sale for $49.99 and she needs a new leather jacket. I've got to see this.

Not much else going on this weekend. I'm sure we'll go to the movies a few times. We are behind.

I finally went deer hunting last weekend. I saw lots of deer, but none that matched my living room wall. Saturday morning I'm sitting in the middle of the woods at 5:45 am. It's dark and I'm 2 miles from any house or road. I hear: a grain bin fan running endlessly, every bird in the world, A car going by from 2 miles away, the occasional rifle shot, squirrels scrambling around, cows, my breathing, leaves, and a rooster crowing. People say there's peace & quite in the country. I couldn't hear the deer walking for all this other noise. The peace and quiet is over rated. Maybe it's called peaceful & quiet in the country because I was able to hear these things.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, and if you're driving, be very careful.

1 Comments:

Blogger paul said...

That is peaceful, even if it is not quiet. Man there is nothing like country living! You must be living right, Tommy. Happy Thanksgiving.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home