The Flood
My wifes slumber party turned into a "everybody go home" party. They decided not to spend the night. About 10:30 pm she called me and told me that she was going to come home after the storm. I went to bed and the phone rang at 1:00 am. She was in the road and couldn't get in our driveway. I went outside and it had quit raining. I dumped 7.5 inches out of the gauge and that came between 11 and 1. Our driveway was gone and our yard had 2-3 foot of water in it. My camper is in the middle of it but it looked like it wasn't to the floor yet. Big trees were in the road and she couldn't get in the driveway. Plus our culvert had no rock on it. She parked down the road at the shed and walked to the house. We went to bed and heard it start to rain again. I couldn't believe it this morning when there was another 5 inches in the gauge. I thought it had to get in the camper. It didn't but I'm afraid it got in the underpinning where my duckwork is. We are fine. I will have to get a new driveway. The only problem is that more is on the way. If you read this on Saturday you can see our radar here. I live below the PAH+ town, in the Southwest corner of the long rectangular county. It may do it again.


The picture on the left is one way out of my house. The picture on the right is another way out of my house. Notice how high water is on signs.

These pictures are what's left of my driveway. Water was 2-3 foot deep around my camper last ngiht. If you look in front of my camper and little trailer you can see brush that got hung in front of it. My culvert was bare but I used a tractor to cover it back up.
One thing about it. We'll be fine Monday, so it sheds new light on what JD and everyone went through on the coast. They are still struggling.
3 Comments:
Good Grief!! I am glad you are OK! I was just gloating because I got to play tennis when there were tornado warnings in my town! I am glad everyone is OK!
Wow! Take care! We got a little rain but nothing like that!
Sorry I just read this today, Tommy. I'm glad you were OK and your camper was OK. It can be scary!
Post a Comment
<< Home