Lessons Learned

How cute is soccer? It is really neat and the girls had a big time. Macy scored 3 of her teams 8 goals. Bailey didn't score any but she got in there and mixed it up with the best of them.
Macy's coach is horrible. It is not her lack of soccer knowledge. They don't keep score in Macy's age group and all players are supposed to play equal time. She was obsessed with the score and wanted to play the 3 best players the whole game. I told her this was wrong and should play them all the same. She didn't like that. Oh well, maybe she'll learn. When the game was over she was all obsessed with knowing what the score was and in turn the kids were following her lead. I told her we tied. I know I commented on Macy's goal scoring above but that is out of pride. I didn't share with Macy about her scoring 3 out of 8 goals because I want her to learn teamwork. I want her to be proud of assists and defense also. It takes goal scorers, defense, and people that can pass to make a team. Whatever her niche ends of being I want her to be proud of that ability. It takes all kinds.
In Bailey's game it was cute to see how the other team would clap and cheer when we scored a goal. Our team would clap and cheer when they scored a goal. I don't imagine it will take them long to grow out of that. Bailey's coaches are great. They know it's all about each kid having fun.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home