Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Beautiful

The weather is absolutely beautiful this week. We have been spending most of our time at the soccer park. I have two little girls that are getting ready for soccer season to start on Saturday.

This is Carrie's last week of tax season. She has been swamped the last few days and returns are still coming in. It's over Monday (except for the extensions). I think she has till August on them. I think she has some pampering in mind for next week.

I'm teaching the book of John in our Wednesday night class. It's amazing things you find that you've never noticed when you are preparing for class. I've always been a Pharisee, Jewish leader, and Jewish sympathizer. I can see why some didn't believe that Jesus was the Messiah. He wasn't what they had in mind. Of course they kind of thought up their own idea of what the Messiah would look like and act like. They missed most of the scriptures that the prophets wrote about him. But as I said, I've missed a lot of scriptures in John until I started teaching this class. It's harder to sympathize with the Pharisees as I see them not believing as more of a "he's going to take away our power and prestige" thing.

No race this weekend. I gave away my Nashville busch race tickets to my cousin. It is my girls first soccer games and I wasn't going to miss that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Hang on Carrie, it will be over soon!!!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home