Postponed Girls Date
It rained a lot and the wind blew a lot. We had several spotted tornadoes around, but luckily not much damage. On Thursday I had to go to a Wino meeting. Actually it was a Grape Growers meeting. They grow grapes and grapes are used to make wine, so I figure they are Wino's. On the way back from this meeting it was storming. I was driving down the road and they broke in on the radio and said, "Swirling winds have been spotted south of Vienna, IL. This means a tornado is likely and if you are in this area please take cover." Well, I was right south of Vienna, IL. I figured the tornado would have more trouble hitting a moving target so I kept on rolling. I could only go about 20 mph because it was raining so hard. It cleared off in a few miles and I was relieved. 20 minutes later it started looking bad again. They chimed in on the radio and said, "Swirling winds have been spotted on around Metroplis, IL. If you are in the I-24 vicinity around Metropolis, IL please take cover." I was on I-24 right north of Metroplis, IL. Again I used my moving target theory. I crossed the river into the promised land (KY) and it cleared off and the sun started shining. I stopped to get gas while I had my chance. I left Paducah, KY and headed towards Mayfield. I had just crossed the county line when the radio went off again. "Swirling winds have been spotted right south of the McCracken County line in Graves County. If you are in the Highway 45 vicinity south of the McCracken County line, please take cover." Of course that was right where I was. I again relied on my moving target theory. I made it through that one also and decided I had had enough, I was headed home. 20 miles north of home the radio started again. "Swirling winds have been spotted in southwest KY and have possibilities of producing tornadoes. They should hit the Water Valley are at 1:45 pm." Ok a little bit of luck, I'm 15 minutes north of Water Valley and it's 1:42 pm. I'll be there after it's over. Hold on, Water Valley is where my home is so maybe it's not lucky at all. One more storm at 7 pm that night and it was over. We escaped with no damage but I do have to walk out in my field and retrieve some lawn furniture and kids toys. We missed the storms this morning but there are more on the way tonight and tomorrow night.
Friday I finally got to play a little golf. I was so excited to drive my new cart. I played 9 holes and hit the ball really well, especially since I haven't swung a club in 4 months. It was hard to play since they had 4 inches of rain Thursday night.
I had to miss my usual Saturday morning alone time with my girls. We had a mens breakfast and we started the Fishers of Men course. I really enjoyed that and am looking forward to the next 11 weeks of that. We are going to take the girls to the movie this afternoon. Carrie and I went to eat Chinese last night and it was really good. Before we found this restaraunt our knowledge of Chinese food was the local buffet. Most buffet foods are not as good as a regular restaraunt and that is the same with Chinese. When you order it off the menu and they prepare it for you, it definitely has a little more quality and tastes better. I still like the variety of the buffet, but Chongs is the bomb.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home