Let's go Racin'
It's finally here, the start of the Nascar Season. Man it's a long winter. I really enjoy watching races on Sunday afternoon. I really, really, really enjoy watching races on Saturday night. I wish they all were on Saturday night. I really, really, really, really, really enjoy watching races on Saturday night when we are at the lake camping. I get my satelitte set up and put the TV outside under the awning and watch the race while I sit by the campfire. The only thing better than that is sitting in the stands for the Bristol night race.
It is cold here. It is 3:00 pm and it is 15 deg. It snowed with quite a bit of ice last night so the roads are a little rough. I had to get up on my day off and take my wife to work. We worked till noon and then went to my nephews second birthday party. His last present was a T shirt that said I'm the big brother. We didn't even know my sister was pregnant. Yea, I'm going to be an uncle again. The nephew or niece is due on October 13th which happens to be Friday the 13th.
JD is sitting in a hotel in Fulton, KY. I would say it has been a while since he's seen snow. I'm going to get him in a few minutes and bring him to the house to eat supper. I told him I didn't know which meat he preferred (beef, pork, or lamb) so we will have all 3. Bull fries, lamb fries, and mountain oysters. Yum, Yum. He didn't sound too excited. We are really looking forward to visiting with them. It's been a while since we've seen them.
In honor of nascar season, I will once again post a few of my pictures. Your job is to decide who they are (which will be really
easy if you know nascar), and where we are (will be a lot tougher).


3 Comments:
It was strange seeing Rusty up in an owner's box...I know you miss him out there.
You really rough it when you camp with that Satellite....Tell JD and Maggy I said hello!
OK tl, I assume you can tell we are at Bristol from the one picture with the old man. I want to know who the old man is.
I didn't either, but my wife knew him as soon as she saw him. All last year Nascar had commercials of that man. He's the one that "paints the walls at Bristol". He was getting his picture taken more than anyone.
Post a Comment
<< Home