Good Time

We had a great time with John & Margaret Dobbs Saturday night. I had to go be taxi service for them because we did end up getting some bad weather. Carrie fixed a wonderful lasagna and we all ate entirely too much. But boy was it good. Afterwords my girls kept Margaret busy the rest of the night. John entertained us with numerous stories and a few songs on the guitar.
Sunday night John gave a report on the work in Pascagoula. I've been there to see it and read the blogs everyday, but I wasn't prepared for the emotional story he told. It is just unreal to hear the good things and the bad things that are happening. Everyone is just so vulnerable right now. Luckily for them John and the others are working hard to serve their community. I greatly admire him for his work and wonder if I would be able to do it. Tough question to answer. I do know that we need to be doing the same thing in our community. It doesn't take a hurricane to cause need.
Our group made it safely back from Winterfest. They said it was awesome.
My picks for Fontana:
1: Ryan Newman
2: Kyle Busch
3: Tony Stewart
4: Jimmie Johnson
5: Kurt Busch
2 Comments:
Yep, the California boys usually do very well at this track...
#1 Carl Edwards
#2 Tony Stewart
#3 Dale Jr (I'm stubborn not usually a good track for him)
#4 Ryan Newman (just for you)
#5 Jeff Gordon (bad as I hate it)
So much for beginner's luck. Here goes my second set of picks:
# 48 Jimmie Johnson (did me good last week)
# 8 Jr.
# 6 Mark Martin
# 20 Tony Stewart
# 12 Ryan Newman
We will see how the luck holds out this week!
Post a Comment
<< Home