Uniforms
I'm off to Peoria, IL today. Not very excited. Will be back some time Wednesday.
I believe our drought is over. We've actually had some rain the past few weeks. We had a lot of rain yesterday. There was actually some flooding around.
I can't believe it's the Steelers & Seahawks in the super bowl. I had Seattle picked in a couple of my brackets, but I didn't have Pittsburgh in any of them.
Yesterday in class we talked about clothing. In particular, clothing kids wear. We discussed school uniforms. The pros were: took pressure off kids about their clothing, test scores usually improved, kept kids from getting stereotyped. The cons were: didn't want kids to lose their inividuality, still will be able to tell which side of the tracks a kids from, can some people afford uniforms. I'm stuck right in the middle of the fence. I really don't care if we have uniforms or not. What do you think about school uniforms?
3 Comments:
I probably would not have liked it as a kid, but I think I would now. I would also not mind uniforms in the work place. It would take pressure off of dressing a certain way...
**I am grateful for the rain, but I hate that my "racing experience" got rained out. Oh well, we WILL do it!**
Donna: Yea, that's a bummer about the racing experience.
Albone: I'm still on the fence. I really don't care one way or the other. Usually I have an opinion on everything, but can see both sides on this one. Thanks for commenting.
I went to private school from k-6 grade and wore uniforms. If the parents are dressing the kids (kindergarten and such) it is easier on them. Also the older ones don't have to spend 30 minutes trying to find something to wear. There is pressure in trying to fit in and wear the latest trends. Yes, uniforms can cost, but if you think about it, it is cheaper.
I didn't lose my identity. In fact, I was popular in that private school, it was when I attended another private school and public school that I lost my identity. I had a hard time fitting in and a lot of it had to do with clothes because my parents couldn't afford name brand jeans and shoes and such.
I think that uniforms are good, from my point of view.
Post a Comment
<< Home