Many Things
Cecil preached on the verse today about "you must hate your mother, and father, and sister, and daughter, and wife, etc" to follow me. That verse has always confused me, but as normal Cecil explained it all so well. It was a very good lesson and probably will make it into his top 5, for sure top 10.
In class we had a few who seemed to think Katrina was the vengence of God on the wickedness of New Orleans. Now I will be the first to say, it could have been. God can do anything he wants to, and sometimes he does things that we don't understand. He also allows us to form our own opinions so I will do that now. To me, that's crazy. First of all when God destroyed the city of Sodom & Gomoroh he didn't destroy all the good people. He let a few out. When God flooded the world he spared Noah and his family. Why would he choose to destroy a city and all the good things along with it? Why would it bleed over to Pascagoula, Gulfport, etc? I will agree there is a lot of wickedness in New Orleans, but there are places much worse. Las Vegas is as bad or worse, places in Europe and Russia are worse. He probably would have used a little better judgement and went after the worst places first. Again you'll never hear me say he didn't do that, because he can do anything he wants and I know we don't understand everything. But, I sure don't think he operates that way. I will say, a lot of good things have come out of the tragedy in the name of the kingdom.
We also talked about Israel & Palestine. I get confused here with all the fighting, and don't really understand who's at fault. I only remember Israel making any concessions. I think it was them that pulled out of the Gaza strip a few months ago. One guy summed it up pretty well. He said the root of the problem is that they don't have Jesus in their lives. Makes alot of sense to me.
Headed out for my next to last duck hunting trip. The temperature has dropped so it should be a good one. Next weekend is it and it will be over for another year.
Oh yeah, yesterday was a bad day for me as a sports fan. UK got trounced and New England (1 of my 2 favorite playoff teams) got beat. Oh well, today is a little brighter. Indy is getting beat right now. I won't count them out yet, but I hope they get beat.
1 Comments:
thanks for the comment tommy. i too agree with you that katrina was not a judgement on the gulf coast. if it was, God missed some. there are plenty of ones as bad in florida, and sad to say it, texas.
there are loads of places like you mentioned in europe that are not anywhere as good as new orleans. look at southeast asia. i better stop.
my football team has been out of the picture ever since marino retired, so i really don't have a team in the hunt, but i hope seattle does well. i probably just jinxed them.
Post a Comment
<< Home