Thursday, January 05, 2006

Change

The weather has taken a dramatic turn. It has been in the 60's for a while, but today it will be about 40. I'm taking some customers duck hunting tomorrow so maybe the cold snap will push some ducks down.

The X-Box day was fun. We played from 9 am till 3:40 pm solid. We broke for 20 minutes to eat some lunch that C3 fixed for us. C3 was around some and he checked in on us several times. I couldn't tell you if he said much, we were in a zone. I found one game I could beat him at, baseball. Everything else, I was toast.

I watch college football very little. I do watch it 2 days a year. I watch it while we are camping at the fall race at Talladega. I usually find the Bama game, since every other camper is watching them, and cheer for whoever they are playing. Sorry Bama fans but everyone at the race is a Bama fan and I usually don't follow the crowd. I also watch it on National Championship night. What a game. Congrats Texas. Vince Young did have a game. He was the best running back out there. I still don't believe he was the best quarterback out there. I guess I'm a passing quarterback person. I like a scrambling quarterback but 200 yards, come on. Be a running back. I didn't watch the whole game but I did see two bad calls. They both went against USC.

Why are some politicians so stupid? They have been hot and heavy after our Governor for a while. The main problem: he gave some jobs to family and friends. Is this wrong? Yes. Has it happened before? By every governor we've ever had. Does this make it right? No. But the opposite party is trying to act like this is the first time this has ever happened. It didn't happen the previous 30 years they were in office. Spank him, make an example of him, impeach him but don't act like he's the first one ever to do it. That's what's stupid.

3 Comments:

Blogger JD said...

I think we're in for some cooler weather, too. I like it! Enjoy reading about your days.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Donna G said...

I am trying to remember again why I read your blog!

It's Okay, I can understand why someone from a non-football state like Kentucky would not like Alabama....(I know it is sarcasm, but it is a hard habit to break)

BTW-I think I am going to do the Richard Petty Driving experience (the riding part) with Terri on the 20th....Woo HOO!!!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Tommy said...

djg- B-A-S-K-E-T-B-A-L-L, All time winningest record and 7 national championships.

Sorry, us KY fans have to use this reply to every statement about football.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home