Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Slow & Easy

Been a very easy, fun week. Tuesday I hung around the house and did a little work in the office that morning. We took the kids to see Cheaper By The Dozen 2 that afternoon. It was a very funny movie. I can't imagine having 12 kids. We then ate at Olive Garden where every customer I have decided to call at the same time. So while my family ate, I sat in the lobby talking on the phone. That's the way it goes, my phone doesn't ring all day and then they all call. There are tradeoffs you have to make with my job. I got to spend the day with my girls, but sometimes you have to talk on the phone.

Today I went to see 3 of my customers and just hung out at their places. It was nice just to visit and not have to have a meeting or try to sell them something. Who am I kidding, I found several opportunities to try to sell them something. Tonight we ate with Cecil and Patti and then went to church. I did get to meet Cecil's sister who I never had met.

Tomorrow I do have to make a quick trip to Owensboro for a short meeting with some suppliers. I threatened my boss that he better not make me drive up there when it is something we could have done on the phone. He's been guilty of that a time or two. I think he just loves to see me sometimes. I guess we're off Friday so I believe I will duck hunt Fri and Sat mornings.

Now Donna, does that sound like life in the fast lane?

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Movies with girls...
Hanging out with customers...
Selling on the cell....
Dinner with friends....
Meeting new women....
Travel....
Carrying a gun....

"Life in the Fast Lane"

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home