Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Missing

Where have you been Tommy? Well obviously not blogging. I've been busy. Had a good trip to Mexico. We went to Tulum, which is 1 hour south of Cancun. It was very warm, and I did manage to get a little sunburn. Then it was back to KY where it was cold.

Work has been busy. If I can get through this week, I should have a pretty easy 2 weeks after that.

Duck season has started and I've only been twice. Sounds like that is what I need to do the next 2 weeks. It's been really good so far, my sources say. It wasn't very good the 2 times I went.

I am ready for Christmas. My 2 girls are really ready. We started last weekend. Christmas falling funny seems to extend the season a little. I have to finish up a shopping tomorrow.

Someone I go to church with was complaining about people wanting to change Christmas to Holiday. You know happy holidays, holiday tree, etc, instead of merry christmas and christmas tree. He said this was crazy and couldn't believe people wanted to do this, how silly. Isn't this kind of what the church of christ used to do (or possibly some still do). When I was little we did not celebrate christmas as Jesus's birthday. That was taboo. God told us in the Bible to remember Jesus by the Lords Supper. He also told us to not celebrate other religious holidays. So Christmas was a non-religious holiday. Now they want to take Christ out of Christmas and make it just a plain old holiday. Sounds kind of like what we did already.

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

Exactly! You just can't please people who are more concerned with "getting it right" than with "loving like Jesus".


Have a very Merry Christmas, Tommy!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Tommy said...

Bah Humbug djg. Happy Holidays as I sit under my Holiday Tree.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Donna G said...

{Sounds like you need to go shoot a duck!}

get over the bah-humbug and have a politically correct day off of work

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home