Just my Luck
Just my luck. I take my friend hunting, let him sit in my stand, and he kills the biggest deer I've ever seen. Man was it a monster. He killed it opening morning about 7:45 am. I've seen all does except for one spike buck. I keep telling him he hasn't seen the guide bill yet.
Friday night at deer camp we had a feast. He cooked a little bit of everything: 2 inch porkchops, ribs, brisket, and pheasant. It was all delicious.
We went to a party on Saturday night. A friends son was in from Iraq so he had a party for him. He said he works about 14 hours a day and sleeps the rest. An occasional basketball game when they have time. He is a gunner for a convoy. He has not been fired at or had to fire his gun. He's been there for 10 months. He says the media portrays a different situation than it actually is.
Have another friend coming in Tuesday night to hunt on Wednesday morning. I'm headed to Russelville today. A customer has an open house tomorrow. I have meetings in Paducah on Thursday and Friday.
3 Comments:
Yeah, I could no more feel sorry for Kurt Busch than I do for those helpless deer you are shooting. Matter of fact but a #97 on 'em and I might shoot a couple!!
**that was just another poor attempt at humor, but I admit I am still smiling!**
djg,
Feel free to use your sarcasm here. You may get it thrown back at you though.
Wouldn't have it any other way....
Post a Comment
<< Home