Sunday, November 20, 2005

I Could Get Used to This

Today we had our "Goal Day" at church. We each had a goal to invite someone. After service we had a big meal and then gathered together at 12:30 for a short devo. By doing that we cancelled church tonight. I really enjoyed coming home and watching football and nascar on TV. It was even nice not having to get up to put my clothes back on for 5:00 service. I wish we did this more often. Even once a month would be nice (hint, hint).

I believe "Goal Day" was a success. We had about 48 more people than normal (and this was with 13 of our regulars traveling). I know we will have a few of these visitors back. One man and woman told me they were so glad they were invited.

I have two little girls, 5 & 3. When the youngest one went to say her supper prayer she said she was going to say the Joey prayer. Joey is a member at our church that just left for Iraq. It was so cute to hear her ask God to watch over him. I think we could all learn something from listening to children pray. They are not in a hurry, they are honest, they ask, and they remember to say their prayer more than I do.

Will finish up deer season this week. I still haven't gotten one, I am too picky. I have another friend coming in the next 2 days to hunt. If I get him a big one I may go into the guiding business.

Duck season opens Thursday morn. We have no water, but we do have a pump. The problem is that it will cost each of us $100 to pump water. To me there is no question. We've already paid our lease and this will be wasted if we don't spend another $100 to get some water. You can't duck hunt without water.

5 Comments:

Blogger JD said...

You actually have to pump water out to get ducks to come land? I don't get it. (But all I know about hunting I learned from Elmer Fudd!)

Congrats on a great goal day. I think we should meet and eat every Sunday, and leave Sunday nights to families!

10:56 PM  
Blogger Donna G said...

I second the motion for leaving Sunday night to families!!

How about Tony! I was afraid with my current track record of losing that Jimmy Johnson would stage a comeback!! No Way Jose!

12:46 PM  
Blogger k2 said...

ding! ding! ding! we have a winner!

tommy,

the post was not even an hour old, and you nailed it. do you read danny's blog, too?

5:40 PM  
Blogger Tommy said...

yes I do, but I promise I didn't go back and read that one. I can never get his, but I had just eaten an oatmeal pie when I looked at your blog.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Danny Sims said...

love the 'sunday night = family time' concept... we do small groups at our church on sunday evening... it is great. we do big worship and a meal for a smaller # of people every sunday. We love it and the unreached who come love it too... 4 baptisms in our small group this year! God is good.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home