Monday, October 10, 2005

Vacation

We finished up vacation and had a wonderful time. It is nice to be back home, but I wasn't ready to get back to work. I am actually tired of eating pancakes, as we ate them everyday.

We saw several shows in Gatlinburg (it rained for two straight days): Black Bear Jamboree, Comedy Barn, Dixie Stampede, Country Tonite, and The Smith Family. All were great. I think the comedy barn is still my favorite.

On Tuesday we went Ice Skating. Macy loved it from the start. She had to hold the rail the whole time, and she still fell some. I didn't think we were going to get her to leave. She loved it. Bailey was a little slower to grasp the idea. She finally warmed up to it and had fun, but it was not probably talking her into leaving.

On Wednesday we went to Cades Cove. We had been on the curvy roads for about 5 minutes and Bailey got car sick. We pulled over and had to clean puke off her seat, my truck, my jacket, herself, and her clothes. Luckily I had a roll of paper towels and we were by a creek. We also happened to have an extra shirt. After that she was fine. Both my girls are now subject to car sickness. That makes it tough to go anywhere. We did see bears and deer in Cades Cove.

On Thursday we went to the Aquarium and had a good time.

I did forget to tell that Carrie and Macy got to meet Jeremy Mayfield at Talladega. This was the 2nd time Macy got to meet him and 3rd for Carrie. Macy was so excited. I'll post a picture as soon as I upload to my computer.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna G said...

He is kind of cute. I liked his commercials where he said "Is that Octane ___ you're wearing?"

But he drives a Dodge!

I know, Rusty does too.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, Cades Cove...

Growing up in the Smokies I kind of took it for granted, but when my wife and I went there on our honeymoon I fell in love with it all over again.

We now have a huge Robert Tino print of one of my favorite meadows hanging in our living room.

~gkb

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home