Feeling Good
This weekend was going to be a little get away for me and my honey. We were going to go to Tunica for the weekend. Then I read my friend, John Dobbs, plea for help in Pascagoula, Mississippi. Man it was jerking at me to go down there and offer assistance. I've sent money but that didn't seem enough. Then things worked out perfect. We are going to stop in Tunica for a day or two and then head to Pascagoula for 2 -3 days. We are so glad that it worked out and we can go down and help. I think the need is greater now that it was before. He tells of people still living in tents. That seems unreal. I am fully prepared to be in total shock when we arrive. I think I can imagine what it looks like by seeing it on TV, but I'm sure I can't. You can keep up with what's going on by checking John's blog at http://remains.blogspot.com
I'm sure I'll have a good blog report when we get back.
2 Comments:
I hope to be able to go soon too. I look forward to your report when you get back.
i went with my friend chris lockhart last tuesday, and just before we were about to leave and head back to mobile, we heard of a family that had just returned from being in virginia after the hurricanes. they came back to find their house gone, and the roof on the ground where the rest of the house used to be. so we went to wally-world and got tents and sleeping stuff for them. it was shocking to see it firsthand. the best part was going around the neighborhood and handing out food and cleaning supplies from the bus that has been totalled by state farm. i hope to go again soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home