The Dilema

I've been a Rusty Wallace fan ever since I started following nascar. It started out I was a Penske fan, so I decided to follow one of his drivers. I've gotten to meet him a few times. This picture was at the 2001 Michigan race. Now Rusty is a butthole. He's arrogant, obnoxious, and a crybaby. But man, I like to watch him race.
Now to the dilema. If you follow nascar you know that this is his last year. He's calling it his "Last Call Tour". Now it would be logical to start following the man that will step into his car. This will be Kurt Busch in 2007. I don't like Kurt Busch, so that won't work.
My wife likes Jeremy Mayfield. Jeremy's allright but I have to go with someone different. We have to have something to argue about on Sundays. Plus I still would like to stay with a Penske driver.

So the obvious choice is Ryan Newman. He is a Penske driver, he's good, and I do pull for him now. So I think this will be my choice, but I haven't crossed the commitment line. I always said I would wait until Talladega to make my mind up. This way I can buy merchandise from my new drivers souvenir trailer and be ready for next year. Unless something else changes my mind, I will buy Ryan Newman merchandise. I want someone good and I refuse to cheer for these drivers: Dale Jr, Kurt Busch, Jeff Gordon, Jimmy Johnson, Greg Biffle, or Kyle Busch. I have tossed around the ideas of Carl Edwards, Tony Stewart, or Kevin Harvick.
One thing about it Rusty Rulz!!!! and after Dega my new saying may be Ryans Flyin.
3 Comments:
OK I am a Jr. fan, but mostly because my kids are and they introduced me to NASCAR.I do understand why people don't like him.
I COULD NOT be for Kurt Busch...EVER!! Rusty is not so bad.(except in the ways that you mentioned).
I would pull for Carl Edwards if he would drive a Chevy, I like that guy. But my # 2 choice is Tony Stewart. I think he would fit in to the personality mold of a Rusty Wallace, cocky and a little rough around the edges, but man, the boy can drive!!
Hey if I switch to Newman, at least I can wear some of his clothes to church. Hard to wear Rusty clothes when they have Miller Lite all over them.
You could wear Tony's clothes too. Home Depot!!
But I can't think of a good rhyme
Post a Comment
<< Home