On the Edge
This morning I got to do something I've always dreamed of. Speedway Children's Charities had a deal where you could drive your vehicle around Bristol Motor Speedway for 7 laps if you donated $50. Now I went thinking it would be lame and would only go about 20 mph. Let me set the stage. Bristol is a 1/2 mile track with 36 degree banking so the cup cars go about 100 mph through the turns. We went 70 mph through the turns. The first turn I hit I about lost it. It actually scared me. After that first one it was great. My wife was screaming and I was lovin it. A 1/2 ton GMC pickup is not the best race truck but it did good. It was a hair raising experience. The adrenaline was pumping. We took lots of pictures and a video clip. Maybe I'll figure out how to post it here.
I have found a wireless signal. You have to set in the middle of the street to get it. So I have my lawn chair in the middle of the street. I have to move every once in a while. Luckily it's not a busy street.
1 Comments:
Wow... how cool is that! Sounds like fun.
Watch for cars!
Post a Comment
<< Home