Fancy Farm Picnic
I think it's horrible they haven't found that girl in Aruba. I just can't imagine being her parents, it's awful.
Took the girls to see "Sky High" last night. It was really good. We then went to buy shoes and out to eat. We had a real good time. Macy needed some new sandals because she starts kindegarten Monday morning. She is so excited. At 8 oclock this morning she came running to the living room yelling, " just two more days, just two more days". I can't believe she's old enough for school. Bailey didn't have a pair of tennis shoes that would fit so we also got her some tennis shoes. After that we did Steak & Shake.
Today is the Fancy Farm Picnic? Have you ever heard of it? If not just get out the guiness book of world records and you will find it. It is recognized as the largest outdoor picnic in the world. Fancy Farm is a small catholic community in our county (parrish for anyone from La.). Every year they have a picnic to raise money. They put 9500 pounds of pork and 9500 pounds of mutton on the BBQ pits. They have small carnival activities, bingo, lots of eating, and lots of bull in the afternoon. At 2:00 the political speaking begins. It always brings out the governor and our US rep & US senators. Of course all the local guys are here. If it's a presidential election year we usually at least get a VP candidate. See, it's a big deal. The Republicans set on the right side bleachers and the Dems set on the left side bleacher. It's crazy.
Today is car waxing day. The last two years I have waxed my wifes vehicle on this day. I guess I will do it again, but I could easily be talked out of it.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home