Birthday
Today is my Dad's birthday. He turns 63. Man he's getting old. I just can't imagine my dad being over 60. Seems like he should be 50.
Got the planning meeting and the funeral out of the way. The funeral was very sad. I feel so sorry for his wife. She's taking it real hard and she seems pretty lost without him. He had two sons ( one just graduated from college and the other is a sophmore is H.S.).
Going to Memphis today. Taking a customer down to a Redbirds game. That should be fun. I have to get home tomorrow and hopefully the grass will have dried out. I will have to mow before we go to New Orleans. The rain has made the grass really grow. Dennis has left me 2.5 inches.
2 Comments:
Tommy, our aging parents present an undeniable reality: our aging selves. It's hard to watch our parents look older ... act older ... have 'old age' kinds of problems. But that is the trek we are all walking. We are born to walk this path, and as we walk it, we should allow Christ to shine more brightly with each passing step. Seems like such a long time, but really it is just a blink.
You are approaching one week without a blog post. Just putting you on notice. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home