Monday, June 13, 2005

Macy's Last Race

Well we finally found where having a self contained camper really pays off. At the races. We went to our first race of the year in our new camper this past weekend. In our pop-up we didn't have a shower or potty. We did have an outdoor shower that worked pretty good but it took two people to operate (which would be ok if the 2nd person was my wife and she could operate it from inside the shower) and you didn't just go jump in the shower on a whim. So it was nice to be able to take a shower whenever you wanted to. Also, what I really hated was the porta-potties. Now me being a man, I rarely had to use the porta-potty. I just went outside, but you can't do #2 outside without trees around (you use the tree to lean against, for cover, and the leaves can double for tp). Now the porta-potty wasn't too bad the first night there. The second day it was usually a disaster area. I usually tried to hoover above the seat. And during the day it would get 120 degrees inside one of those things. So it is real nice to have my own potty inside my air conditioned camper.

We took Macy to the race. This was her second and last race ever. She was extremely good, she really enjoys the race, and she enjoys being alone with mommy and daddy. So if she enjoys it and she's really good, why would this be her last race, you ask. Because both times we've taken her it has rained the race out. I told her she was bad luck. We did get to see the race yesterday so she was excited.

Momma and I are off to Kentucky Speedway this weekend for another one. Macy wants to stay with Granny this weekend. Good maybe it won't rain. Actually I like having her there. It's fun to see her eyes get big when the cars come around. She has her own set of headphones for the scanner and she thinks that is cool. We did find out that a poncho hangs to the ground on her. She was awful cute in that red poncho. I guess in a couple more years Bailey will be wanting to go also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home