Sunday, May 01, 2005

Life is Good

Well what a weekend. Went to the Breecheen & Faulkner marriage seminar, and had a wonderful weekend with my wife. Friday night was a little slow. They started off with a little preaching and not much practical things. So after Friday I was kind of disapointed. Oh how that changed Saturday. They really got into practical, useful things to help you in marriage. Throughout Saturday they talked about several things that husbands have trouble doing. 1/3 of them they were talking directly to me. They knew every fault I had. But the other 2/3 are things that are easy for me to do. So if they are easy for me to do, and I'm a typical person, why did they wasted time talking about those. Aren't they easy for everyone to do. That's the way I get to thinking sometimes. I'm sure that some of the things that I struggle with are considered easy tasks for other men, as some of the things that are easy for me are hard for other people. I would say it's the same with tempation or sins. We all have different buttons that can be pushed fairly easy. I have seen a change in me and my wife both today. We are both really trying to apply these teachings in our lives. But, what happens when the buzz of excitement from this weekend wears off. Do we go back to the way we were? That's why I'm going to make a public statement of my intentions now so that if I start screwing up I will have witnesses to tell me what I said at this point. So, Carrie, I will try harder to work on my attitude, to show affection, try not to let anything come out of my mouth that doesn't benefit you, not set my expectations of our relationship too high, not drive you but lead you, work on your list of things that depress you, and read Ephesians 4 when I have trouble doing this. I will work on being attentive to the 5 major needs of women; affection, conversation, honesty, financial support, and helping with kids. My nature wants to say "if" after all this, so I'll add that all this is unconditional. I do love you and will continue to try to be a better husband today than I was yesterday. Will I be perfect, no. Will I try to be perfect, yes.

1 Comments:

Blogger JD said...

Well, I think the trip to hear Brecheen and Faulkner was well worth it. What beautiful expressions of love from both of you. I'm inspired and impressed and encouraged. God bless you.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home