Touching
I read a great story yesterday on Les Ferguson, Jr's blog. If you would like to read it, you can by clicking http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=orangegrover. It was a very touching story about his son who has cerebral palsy. There's a girl named Lindsey that goes to church with me. She is one of the sweetest people I know. She always speaks, loves everyone just the same, doesn't care what you're wearing, doesn't care what your hair looks like, she just loves you. She was in my Sunday School class last quarter. We were studying a book about acting like Jesus. One of the lessons was talking about people you weren't nice too or had done bad things too. We went around the room and everybody came up with somebody. When it was Lindsey's turn ( I usually answer for her, she can't communicate very well), I thought and thought. This negative quality that we have didn't really apply to her. I see this girl 3 times a week and I've never seen her be mean or do bad things to anybody. Isn't it strange that we call Lindsey or Cole (les's son) challenged, or slow, or unlucky. In our quest to act "just like jesus" they are winning hands down when it comes to attitude. In this aspect we are the ones challenged, slow and unlucky.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home