Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Prayer

Had a coworker get killed last week in a work related accident. Didn't know the guy, but he was in my division so several support people I work with knew him. Very freak accident on a forklift. He was doing the same thing he has done 1,000,000 times. But, this time he made a small mistake. My sales manager told me yesterday that he had changed his daily prayer to include safety for himself and all his coworkers. Not a bad idea, since I drive 45-50,000 miles a year. God must be watching over me because I've been doing this for 7 years and haven't had an accident. I do include safety in my prayers. I usually wrap up all acquantices with, friends. Would take a while to list them by name. I'm not scared of where I'm going if I die today, but what I leave behind does scare me. Walking my daughters down the aisle, graduation, first day of school (guess that should come first), first boyfriend, grandchildren, etc. Hopefully will leave family in good financial shape, but still worry about that. So what's the deal, we are supposed to be going to a better place with no worry. Well, I've just listed my worries. The way it's described we all should want to stop breathing right now and go there. But we don't. Don't know if I'll ever figure that one out. Well hopefully I will when I get there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home