Blogger &%$#*(
I tried to post yesterday but it wasn't working. Lot to catch up on. My wife, Carrie (5 ft tall and bulletproof), is about to buy the business she has been helping for two years. It is an accounting office. They do bookkeeping, payroll, sales tax, bill paying, etc for small businesses and tax returns for all. This was her plan all along it just wasn't supposed to happen till 2007. The lady that owns it is ready now as her husband has liver cancer. This is fine with us, Carrie is ready, and I'm sure ready for the extra income. Very possible that Carrie will out earn me now. Some men feel threatened by this, but not me. Being a house husband is my goal (especially since both kids will be in school pretty soon). I can see it now; sleep till 8, clean house wide open for 2 hours, play golf, pick kids up from school, go to PTO meeting, cook supper and talk about how tired I am that evening. Rough, but someone has to do it. Actually if me leaving my job ever happens, I think Carrie has all this plus helping her do tax returns and payroll in my future. We had a big camping trip planned this weekend, so Wednesday afternoon I was going to get the camper all ready. Got it packed up and went to let it down (it's a pop up) and it broke. Not fixable real quick so we had to cancel the trip. So to make a long story short we have traded campers. We now have a big camper that is not a pop up. This wasn't supposed to happen till next year but I was tired of working on ours. Got one of those deals I couldn't refuse. I'm the kind of getting these deals so I have a feeling I'm using that as an excuse to buy something. We are excited about it though as it is as nice as a home. We are already planning a trip to Gatlinburg this fall in our new camper. Be nice to go to Gatlingurg and only pay $20 per night. Carrie was giving me grief about wanting to do this. She told me to do whatever I wanted to ( I wish I could enunciate her tone). I traded this afternoon and called to tell her. She said good, I bought some stuff for it over lunch. So she's excited to. So instead of camping this weekend I will eat breakfast at church, mow my yard, and probably plant my garden. But next weekend, watch out, we're going camping.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home